Monday 31 December 2007


"but it didn't hurt because haflingers are tough!"


What a joke....he wasn't so tough the time he thought a log was crocodile, when we met the endurance horses and when we met the hedge cutter I can tell you! Tough my hoof!


One day about a year or so ago we were calmly walking along when all of a sudden haffy features starts "squealing help, help a crocodiles going to get me!" Now you know as well as I do that there are no wild crocs in England but did that stop the fool? He spun round and tried and run away from said Crocodile (which looked suspiciously like a log to me) managing to part company with dad in doing so. Something I am grudgingly rather jealous of as all my attempts to loose my rider to date have failed. But dad was new to the riding game back then so of course it was much easier for him! Anyhow the silly fool came and hid behind me and that's when the Piers de Resistance occured. As mum jumped off to catch Harry I managed to jump into her just as she landed and knocked her over.... am I a star or am I star!


Once all reunited and with him being so 'Tough' it won't surprise you to hear that old haffy features had to hide behind me to pass the 'crocodile' with dad in between him and it. Even then he still tried to shove past me and run clear.


The Endurance horse episode was even better! Silly mum had got her timings wrong and suddenly a lovely quiet hack found us right slap bang in the middle of The Bahrain Cup, an FEI 160 km Endurance race ride. One minute I was quietly walking along enjoying the scenery while Harry and dad lagged behind, the next minute haffy features was galloping towards me like the hounds from hell were after him........of course yours truly could see this wasn't the case and it was just a few endurance horses trotting along but try telling him that.....it was down to me to save the day by blocking his way and giving him my very best glare of 'if you dare bump into me or barge through I'll sort you out later'. It worked a treat and they stopped, with dad still intact...although he dismounted rather quickly.....but then the silly fool decided he fancied being an endurance horse and wanted to take part in the race too and took ages to be persuaded otherwise. 160km when you could be eating and chilling at home, urggghhh, NO THANK YOU. Think mum has an endurance career in mind for me but we'll see, it's far too much like hard work and besides going faster than a walk means you can't admire the view. Oh did I mention that this time it was dad who squealed like a big girl....my mum nearly choked with laughter.


The hedge cutter was really a repeat incident of the endurance horses. It had been cutting the hedge all day, we could see it from our field, but once again haffy features decided to leg it and yours truly had to give the glare...and yes dad did squeal again...he's so embarrassing...I mean people i know heard him and everything...it doesn't do your field cred much good I can tell you.
















No comments: